Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Scrapy Land's Challenge #85

Hello crafty friends,

Welcome to the start of a new Scrapy Land challenge... number 85:


This is a very simple but bold card.  I used Cheery Lynn Designs Exotic Butterfly as the star of my card.  I die cut her from blue glitter card stock.  I also die cut the Happy Birthday from this Die-Versions Corner Concepts die from the same blue glitter card stock.  My card background was a piece of striped pattern paper that I glued onto the card base on an angle.  I opted not to add any sequin or nuvo drops, because I wanted the butterfly to the focal point.

Thanks for stopping bye.... please join us for this challenge.  The winners... one selected randomly and one selected by the Design Team will both receive a $10 gift certificate to Scrapy Land.  Until next time... take care.



I'm entering this card in the following Challenges:
TIME OUT Challenge #104 BOLD, which runs 3/1 to 3/14
Classic Design Team Open Challenge #23, which runs 3/1 to 3/27
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes, which runs until 3/7
Always Happy Birthday, which runs 3/1 to 3/30

16 comments:

  1. This is beautiful, Mary!! I love the yellow stripes against the sparkly blue butterfly!! So striking and gorgeous!! I love it!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that glittery butterfly! Love the bright colors on your card too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clean, gorgeous and simple! I love this card!

    Jess
    www.freshbyjess.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. That butterfly certainly steals the show. Love that you used stripes behind it. Such fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great birthday card! Love the glittery butterfly as the focal point.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful birthday card. Thanks for joining us at Always Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the card, simple but really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fabulous composition with the my fave embellie, Glitter. Awe so sweet and charming,
    Berni
    berni46.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful take on our BOLD challenge. Love the bold colors and that beautifully BOLD butterfly. Thanks for sharing
    with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my, I really like how this turned out! The striped background and the sparkly blue butterfly look amazing together! Fantastic design!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Mary, love the butterfly and background!
    Hugs, Sherry x
    Loose Stitches and Unraveled Threads

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful birthday card!! I love the striped paper and your sparkly butterfly and sentiment. Who wouldn't be happy to get this in the mail!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Always Happy Birthday, good luck!!! Amy DT

    ReplyDelete