Friday, March 2, 2018

Inspiration Squad - mar2018 Challenge 194

Hello crafty friends,

Happy Friday... and welcome to CAS-ual Friday's Challenge #194.  This challenge's inspiration starting point is rainbows.

So get out your color pencils, markers and/or inks and show us your Beautiful Rainbow masterpieces.   Here's the one I made for you:



I used one of the pretty mermaids from the Mermaids stamp set and several colors of distress inks to create my rainbow theme card background.  Once my background panel was dry, I took the smile die from the Smiling die set and die cut the word from the center of my stamped panel.  I kept all the little pieces from inside the letters (the L and E in this case), so that I could insert them back in place later.  Die cut three more smiles from other pieces of white card stock and glued them all together to create a dimensional element.  Next I stamped the "it's your birthday" stamp from the Whole Shebang stamp set under the dimensional smile element.  As a finished touch and for a little sparkle, i glued a few sequins from the Sistahood Sparkle set, which is currently on sale for only $1.99!

Thank you for stopping bye today.  I look forward to seeing your heart theme submissions to this month's challenge. 


I'm entering this card in the following Challenges:
TIME OUT Challenge #104 BOLDwhich runs 3/1 to 3/14
Classic Design Team Open Challenge #23which runs 3/1 to 3/27
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes, which runs until 3/7

6 comments:

  1. Oh I love this Mary-super use of the mermaid stamp and the hidden die- real inspiration. And so good to see you at Tie Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that spectrum of colors Mary. So so fabulous!

    Thank you so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this so bright and happy Thank you for sharing with us over here today at the Classic Open Design Team Challenge and best of luck with your entry.

    Michelle DT Owner/Admin for http://classicdesignteamchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just absolutely LOVE this and the minute I saw it, it put a smile on MY face. The recipient of this card is sure to love it! Love the Bold colors and die cut sentiment. Wonderful card. Thanks for sharing it with us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so delightful. Love the placement and style of the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete