Sunday, October 2, 2022

Craft Roulette #132 Card

 

Hello crafty friends, 
     here's my 59th submission to Craft RouletteEpisode #132:



I took somewhat of a break from card making for a couple of months.  Basically, I was sad and dealing with family stuff.  We lost my Father in July and in August, we had a medical scared with my Mom, who at the time was a very young and independent 86 year old. 

I lost my mojo, whenever I sat down to stamp or color, I just didn't have it in me.  Thankfully I was ahead on Design Team projects, so that was something I didn't have to worry about.  But enough of that... here for something FUNN!

This card and the stamp I used on it.  The cat with a "sack" over his head is an older Penny Black wood mounted stamp called "Brown Bag Monster 2537J" and he worked out perfectly.  My slimline card measures 8"x3.75", it's a vertical sideways folding card.  The main card panel and stamped windows were die cut with dies from MFT.  

The card base panel was inked green and then inked again with the same green using a spider web (Tim Holtz) stencil for a soft tone on tone background pattern.  The spiders were inked in gray, because I didn't want them to stand out.  Pale green sequins were glued to the card at the end.  

the two stamped windows were die cut twice.  The orange sections were originally from the base panel, but I wanted to incorporate the purple in-between the orange and the green, the second die cut windows were fussy cut at the stitches marks and adhered over the opening in the base card panel, then the orange piece was adhered over the purple piece on foam tape for added dimension. 


Thanks for stopping bye.  Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment