Monday, January 24, 2022

Craft Roulette #96 Card & Video

Hello crafty friends,

Here's my submission to Craft Roulette ChallengeEpisode #96 (33rd consecutive):


The parameters the craft wheel selected stumped me this week.  They weren't overly weird or hard, but they just weren't coming together in my mind.  When this happens, I focus on a specific person I want to give the card to and in doing so, my knowledge of the person helps ideas form.  

I started by picking pattern paper that met the plum parameter, then I created the explosion folding element.  I used the closed explosion element to trace the "house" shape onto white card stock, so I would have a place to stamp and decorate the inside of the card.   Tip... when you got to stamp/decorate your "house" shapes double check they are pointing in the correct direction (towards each other).  Once stamped and colored, I adhered them to the Explosion element and set it aside to work on the front of the card.

I created a flat shaker element for my "Stuffed" parameter element using the panel of pattern paper and topped it with a Spanish die cut "Feliz".  I will go back and add a "cumpleaños" stamp or die cut label to the front of the card later. Once the front was done, I sandwiched a black ribbon between the explosion element and the inside of the card base when adhering the explosion element to create a way to keep the card close.

Here's a link to the process video for this card.  

Thanks for stopping bye.  Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment