Saturday, August 14, 2021

TOB - August Mid Month Challenge Reminder

  Hello crafty friends,


Welcome to this month's challenge reminder post.  Have you started working on a card?  If yes, GREAT!  If no, WHAT are you waiting for?  We want to see your Halloween creations.   Remember  the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge, runs from the 2nd to the 28th of the month and the theme is always Halloween... ANYTHING related to Halloween!

I'm using the Halloween cupcake photo as my inspiration for this month's reminder post project.  I created two cards using the same products.  The Baker's Dozen stamp and die set from Papertrey Ink and the Halloween Web die from IO. 


On card one above, I used the larger of my MFT Wonky Stitched Frames to die cut a window into my mini card, which is basically a slim card panel folded in half (4"x8").  I inked the card front and the middle of the inside. Spayed it with Pearl Glimmer Mist by Tattered Angels and glued the black die cut web over the window opening.   I added the little cupcake on foam square and added a few black die cut bats.  


On card two above, I used the web to create my window, but in order to keep the web in place, I backed the front panel with acetate, so that I could glue the web onto something.  I was going for a Halloween mandala look and feel with the web as the center element and the cupcakes and bats as the outer elements with this card, but being an A2 size card I didn't have the right dimensions... should have gone w/a square base.     

Here's this month's mood board for additional inspiration... Hope to see your card soon. 



Challenge ends on the 28th, winner will be announced on the 1st on the month before the start on the new challenge.  For a full list of all the rules please visit Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge home page.  unit next time... take care.

2 comments:

  1. Very creative cards, what a great die that web is, love how creative you were with both of them, they are fabulous!
    Diane TOB DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH WOW these are both so cool! LOVE that die and how you've used it! Well done!!

    ReplyDelete