Monday, August 2, 2021

TOB - August Challenge

Hello crafty friends,

Welcome to a new month at the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge, which runs from the 2nd to the 28th of the month and the theme is always Halloween... ANYTHING related to Halloween!



I must have been craving sweets when working on this month's cards, because I went crazy looking for cupcakes in my stash.  I was stocked to find I only have one set of small cupcake stamps and coordinating dies.  The Baker's Dozen set from Papertrey Ink, which I didn't use on this card, but you'll see it on my mid-month cards.   Since I didn't have a large physical cupcake to work with and I had my mind set on it, I look on Esty for a digital one and I found at great one for only 58 cents here.  

Making the card was super simple, I coved my card front with pattern paper, inked the edges with black ink.  I cut the tip of the "icing" off the cupcake and glued the Halloween Web from IO over it and onto the card.  Note... before die cutting the Halloween Web, I backed the black card stock with double sided tape to make gluing it down easier.  Once the tip of the "icing" and the Halloween Web were positioned on the card, I positioned the rest of the cupcake arranging it so that Halloween Web looked like it was "inserted" into the "icing".  I added Nuvo drops to finish the card.

Here's this month's mood board for additional inspiration... Hope to see your card soon. 


Challenge ends on the 28th, winner will be announced on the 1st on the month before the start on the new challenge.  For a full list of all the rules please visit Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge home page.  unit next time... take care.

4 comments:

  1. What a bargain on that cupcake digi! I'm a little short of cupcake stamps, myself. That's a really great web die you've got. IO is a favorite of mine for dies and stamps. Super cute and clever card, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card. Lovely cupcake and die. I have a sweet tooth year round unfortunately. [Bunny]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy Halloween cupcake, love the green frosting, so FUN!
    Diane TOB DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. GIRL, that is one bargain cupcake! LOL!!!! I am in awe with that amazing io die cut! How cool it is!

    -- Dalis
    http://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete