Sunday, August 22, 2021

Craft Roulette #75 Card

Hello crafty friends,

Here's my submission to Craft Roulette ChallengeEpisode #75 (14th in a row):


Unlike this week's special guest  Jess McAfee, I love red, so I was excited to work with it.  Fruit and In the corner were my head scratchers this time, so I gave myself a little time to think about my card.  I finally took direction from the Refreshing Cooler F20319 stamp by IO that was sitting on my desk.  

I used Technique Tuesday Luscious Grapes a base for my window opening that shows my red wine cooler.  I'm not sure what brand the die I used to die cut my window was.  I keep it along with my most used foundation dies in a clear drawer without it's packaging and over the years I have forgot who makes what.  But I looked up similar dies and found two options:  FS Semi Circle Element and SS Semi Circle Frames. I used the Small Brick Wall Stencil by MFT for my background along with Candied Apple Distress Oxide ink.  

I started by stamping, coloring and fussing cutting my two images.  Next,  I die cut my window. You can do this before or after stenciling the background, it ended up not really mattering.  I didn't want the brick background going the whole width of the card, so I position my stencil accordingly and masked the area I didn't want ink on.  I adhered  the grape cluster around the bottom window opening using double sided tape. I used faint pencil marks to get the placement for my wine cooler on the card's inside.  I stamped the grapes with gray ink right over the pencil marks for a subtle look and placed my wine cooler over it (the pencil marks were almost not visible).   

Looking at the card as I type this up, the only thing I would change is to tone down all the white by adding some aging around the edges... maybe Distress inking with old paper.  
The video below shows how I assembled this card: 



Thanks for stopping bye.  Until next time, take care.


2 comments:

  1. That is so great - I love how you join us and share yourself to the community! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also master888

    ReplyDelete