Sunday, April 24, 2022

Craft Roulette #109 Card & Video

 Hi crafty friends... here's my submission to Craft Roulette ChallengeEpisode #109 (46th consecutive):


When the wheel fell on calendar, I wasn't too worried, because I knew I had several calendar stamps and embellishments from my scrapbooking days.  Finding them was going to be the hard part, because it had been YEARS since I last used them.  I can't tell you the number of times I have tried to reorganized my stuff only to get frustrated and STOP.  I just can't handle the initial mess that it creates.   But I digress.  I finally found my stash of calendar stuff, before completely giving up the search and creating something digital in Elements, and I was good to go.

I pulled some older products... a backgound stamp by Hero Art and Basic Gray, a multi circle die by Spellbinders and some newer products... a birthday stamp set by Honey Bee (Happy BEEday) and a stencil by Heffy Doodle (Lots of Happy).

 Using the happy stencil, I distressed ink (mustard seed) my card front yellow.  I wanted the yellow stenciled background to be visible, but subdue, so I inked more mustard seed over the front card panel after removing the stencil.  Next I stamped my green calendar and blue background elements.  This is when I should have figured out where I wanted my bees and stamp them out.  Using the multi circle die, I die cut into the blue stamped background, aligning it so that certain parts were in some showed nicely in the circles.  I also used it to die cut my large calendar circle, the smaller one I added later, because I needed more green, so I fussy cut it.  I filled the circles with my stamped elements, but looking at the card now, It would have been nice to leave a couple of them open (showing the yellow stencil background).

  
Here's a link to the process video for this card.  

Thanks for stopping bye.  Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment