Monday, April 4, 2022

Craft Roulette #106 Card & Video

 Hello crafty friends, 
     here's my submission to Craft Roulette ChallengeEpisode #106 (43rd consecutive):


I figured most submissions where going to have birds on trees, so I didn't want to go in that direction.  While flipping through my bird bin I pulled out a couple of stamp sets with birds that had coffee cups in their hands, but when I came to this set the idea of color blocking popped into my head and I just had to run with it. 

I started by creating a grid on my card front, which leans nicely to the Dutch door parameter even though my "door" is on a slight angle.  I stamped the birds on a separate sheet of card stock and using alcohol markers colored certain parts of them using my  Red +2 colors of purple and blue.  I fussy cut my birds... tip:  don't worry about cutting around those tiny bird legs.  Before sticking them onto your card, stamp them in the spot you want them and then stick the fussy cut one over it.  The legs or any other tiny detail will show.  This works even if you use foam tape, which I did on my birds.

Once my birds were ready, I focus back on my card.  I inked blended each section, so that each bird would have an alternate color behind, but as you can see I messed up, because the red bird ended up in the red section.  Oh well, stuff happens and you move on.   Initially, I was only going to splatter water on the card, but with the black text in the birds and the grid lines, the card needed the black splatters.  I also sprayed the card with shimmer.  On the inside, I stamped the three feather stamps from the set in the three colors red, purple and blue. 


Here's a link to the process video for this card.  

Thanks for stopping bye.  Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment