Sunday, September 26, 2021

Craft Roulette #80 Card

Hello crafty friends,

Here's my submission to Craft Roulette ChallengeEpisode #80 (19th in a row):


I didn't let my dislike of yellow stop me for creating a super FUNN card for this week's challenge.  Since one of the parameters called for postage stamp and my favorite snail mail stamps are these Star Trek ones and they were sitting on my desk while watching the show, it just made sense to create a card inspired by one of them... the yellow background one, of course.


I started by masking off an 1/8" all around my card, so that I would have a white border.  Next I fussy cut a Starfleet logo onto a large post-it note to use as a mask in the center of my card.  I also die cut the text at the bottom of the card using an old Die-Versions font die called "A Hint of Lime" (sorry, I checked and couldn't find it available anywhere). 

Once everything was masked I used Mustard Seed Distressed Oxide ink for my yellow background. And later a little brown to mimic the real postage stamp.  I inked the Starfleet logo with black soot Distressed Oxide and using a white gel pen made dashes to mimic "warp drive" like in the real postage stamp. Lastly, I placed the spaceship onto the card.   The spaceship is from the Kindred Stamp Space Explorers stamps set. 

Here's a link to the process video I created for this card. 


Thanks for stopping bye.  Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment