Sunday, September 5, 2021

Craft Roulette #77 Card

Hello crafty friends,

Here's my submission to Craft Roulette ChallengeEpisode #77 ( 16th in a row):


Kelly (our guest crafter) wasn't feeling these colors, but I didn't mind them and was actually looking forward to using them.  I wanted to used flowers, so I could refer the "starts with B" parameter element as Birthday Blossoms.  Since I had all the new goodies I purchased at the Expo two weeks prior in a bin on my desk.  I selected the Rose Blossoms Layering Stencil by The Ton, because I knew it would be super easy to color the two main flowers with inks. 

I used two shades of Red (Candied Apple and Barn Door) for my first stencil flower.  For the second flower I used Mustard Seed (Yellow) and Candied Apple.  Once stenciled, I fussy cut the flowers and set them aside when I inked blended my card front.   The random parameter called for an Ombre inking technique, but my attempted at it is very heavy handed and therefore somewhat subtle.  It is definitely, more visible in person.   The tag and "bday" I used were die cut using a retired die set from My Creative Time.  The "happy" die is from a longer die sentiment by Lawn Fawn.

Here's a link to the process video I created for this card. 

Bonus card... I create a second card just for FUNN using the same parameters and a beautiful stamp set by The Ton called Holiday Trio.  This time I used yellow for my background ombre.  I colored my gift boxes with my Tri-blend makers, but paper pieced the ribbons and bows with pattern papers.  


Thanks for stopping bye.  Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment