Sunday, September 12, 2021

Craft Roulette #78 Card

Hi crafty friends,

Here's my submission to Craft Roulette ChallengeEpisode #78 (17th consecutive):


Getting the card base ready... I started by cutting an 8.5x11" sheet of 110 black card stock at 5", so I had a 5x8.5" piece.  Next I scored it in half to make a top fold 5x4.25" (A2) card base.  I scored the front panel at 2.25"... the bottom part of this fold would be where I attach my easel back section to.  

Creating the easel section... I started by die cutting a black panel of the Aspen & Pine Forest by IO and adhering it to another black solid piece of card stock that I inked with forest moss distress oxide ink.  I wanted to maintained a black tone-on-tone look, but add a little more visual color depth between the two layers, which were separated by black double sided adhesive foam.   The tree background is really nice, but it took forever and the die is frustrating to work with.  I've used this die on both my Big Shot and my Gemni Jr and the middle section always gives me problems.  

Once the background was done, the rest of the card came together fast.  I had most of the colored elements (Stawberry Jude Bear & Bunny) done and waiting in the stamp's storage pocket from a previous coloring session (LOVE when that happens).  All I had to do was tweaked them a little and added attach the ones I wanted on the card.  In the end, I only had to stamp and color the guy with the lantern.   My finishing touch was to add premade black enamel dots to the background to act as stars and add another tone-on-tone element.

Here's a link to the process video I created for this card. 


Thanks for stopping bye.  Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment