Monday, October 23, 2017

2017 CAT LOVERS HOP - Day 1

Hello crafty friends,



I just found out about this blog hop and I'll be making a card or two for it this weekend.  Now the cool this about this blog hop is that we can take part is three different ways.  click on the above image to go to their site and read all the details, but one of the ways to win, is to play their daily games.

Their game today (day 1) is Kitty Roll Call, where you basically leave a comment letting them about your cats.  Here's what I wrote:

We had five cats in total.  A few weeks after we got married, my husband told me about a co-worker who had kittens. We ended up taking two brothers who we called Rascal and Domino. We later learned they were born on our wedding day! Domino was my lap cat and pillow cat. He just liked being near me. Rascal was more independent, but still very friendly. We all lived for 3 years in an apartment and later moved into a brand new house miles away.  Rascal passed away at the age of 12, but Domino was with us for 19 years.  He was the cat we introduced to our baby son in 2000 and the cat who had the run of the basement in our next new house in 2002.  After Domino passed, we were pet-less for several years, until we adopted Rusty.... an orange, tan and white tabby.  He is the most laid back chilled cat I have ever known.  He loves people, loves to be held like a baby and his purr has this little broken whistle sound to it.  When Rusty was two we adopted Bear.  Bear is my black slick panther.  When he was a kitten he would run around our family room without touching the floor, just flying from one piece of furniture to the next.  He is now two and much calmer.  He loves to sleep under the blankets and purr... he is a very long purer.  He does not like people and will hide when we have company.  But he loves hanging out w/me in my craft room.  He will nap right next to me when I'm making cards.  Well, that brings me to oct2017 and our newest kitty, who we were told was a girl, but is not and therefore went nameless for two weeks until we all finally decided on Storm as a name.  Storm is gray and white and looks like a husky.  He is also fearless and was ninja jumping his older brothers on day one even though he was a fraction of their size.  We are trying to break him of his biting habit.  Thanks for letting me talk about my boys.  I will have pictures of them on my blog.

Here are some pictures:



Rusty (nov2015)
Bear (dec2017)
Storm (Oct 2017)


from back to front:  Rusty and Bear (dec2016)

from left to right:  Rusty, Storm and Bear (oct2017)

from left to right:  Bear and Storm (oct2017



Thanks for stopping bye today.  Until next time...

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading about your kitties, Mary! I left a post on Janis' blog this morning about my Siamese cat, Coco.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh.. just gorgeous gorgeous kitties!! Loved each of their stories. I have a big black cat... my faves!
    mandysea1 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I love these pictures of your amazing cats!!! They are just gorgeous. That Storm looks like a little mischief-maker sitting in that wire basket! <3 I loved reading about your kitties!!

    Thanks so much for joining in the #CatLoversHop2017!!! (I am making my way through every entry, but I am taking my time because I don't want to miss a thing!!)
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete