Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Halloween Series - Brutus Monroe

Hello crafty friends,

Have you visited the Brutus Monroe shop?  If you haven't, go take a peek.  They have some really cool, edgy stamps that I'm drooling over.  I found them this summer and ordered the City Sidewalks - Chicago and the Chuck Carson Collection - Mummy stamp sets to try out:

Here are two cards I made for my Halloween Series with the Mummy selfie stamp:



For the first card (my favorite of the two)... I tried to created a wall portrait by layering three mummies inside a raised window.  Think open shaker window.  I trimmed the selfie stick and cellphones for the green and purple mummies, so that only one of them was taking the picture.  As a finishing touch, I added googly eyes and a sentiment from the stamp set w/a messy handwritten year.


For the second card...  I created a flat window on my card and added the mummy on foam tape to give him dimension.  Since I used a strong pattern background paper, I thought the white background winder would allow the mummy to stand out.  As a finishing touch, I added a simple "smile" sentiment from the stamp set and googly eyes.


Thanks for stopping by today, until next time... take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment