Wednesday, November 2, 2022

TOB - Nov Challenge

 

Hello crafty friends,

Welcome to a new month at the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge, which runs from the 2nd to the 28th of the month and the theme is always Halloween... ANYTHING related to Halloween!  

This month's mood board makes me think of what Fall/Halloween must be like in Arizona, Nevada and other warm dry places were cactus live.  I wanted to go with that idea and created a cactus pumpkin version of my own using a stamp set by Picket Fence with some cute cactus kids.


I created a background panel with two of the cactus kids stamped in gray ink and inked the edges with orange Distress Oxide Ink (Craved Pumpkin).  Initially, It was going to be a portrait card (top loading) and I stamped the background kids based on the initial placement on the big pumpkin, but I ended up not like how it looked and changed the orientation to a landscape side folding card. This left a weird gap on the right side of the background panel, but other than masking some I could stamp over some of the images, I couldn't think of a way to work around it, so I moved forward.  The sentiment covers some of the gap and I made add a strip of die cut grass to the bottom of the card to "ground" the pumpkin.

I used a combination of markers and Distress inks to color the pumpkin and added the cactus kids on top on foam tape.  The sentiment is also raised on foam tape.  


Here's this month's mood board for additional inspiration... Hope to see your card soon. 



Challenge ends on the 28th, winner will be announced on the 1st on the month before the start on the new challenge.  For a full list of all the rules please visit Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge home page.  unit next time... take care.

 

2 comments:

  1. A creatively perfect card for the mood board, the team really outdid themselves on the mood board and this card is no exception, LOVE IT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute creation! Love how you've created the coordinating background! Looks AMAZING! Thanks for awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete