Sunday, October 10, 2021

Craft Roulette #82 Card

Hello crafty friends,

Here's my card submission to Craft Roulette ChallengeEpisode #82 (21st in a row):



I was really struggling to come up with an interesting card design using this episode's parameters... I was actually working on a card I wasn't totally into, when a "Pocketful of Sunshine" by Natasha Bedingfield started playing and I ended up scrapping what I was working on and coming up with this design.    
I searched google for a simple pocket template, downloaded, sized (about 2" at it's widest point) it in Elements and printed several onto my teal card stock. Then I used a black pen and added "stitching" lines around each pocket. I added double sided foam to each pocket and adhered them to my card.

The card is an A2 size card, on it's side. From left to right, it's scored at 2.75" and 5.5". I used blue and teal polka dots pattern paper as the background. The "sunshine" or "rays" were die cut from the Ink to Paper die (on the border sunburst). The die actually cuts half a circle worth of rays, so I had to trim some of it off to fit my pockets. I used wood elements on the outside of the pockets and a typed sentiment to complete my card.

Thanks for stopping bye.  Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment