Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Scrapy Land - Challenge 99

Hello crafty friends... welcome to the start of Scrapy Land Challenge #99.  Come join us... our theme is always "anything goes".

I'm in full Halloween card making mood now, but the die I'm going to showcase is not a Halloween die.  It's actually a die that most people will not even see.  The Elizabeth Craft Designs Scissors Spring Mechanisms die is something must of us who love dimension on our card can't live without. 

   

I used it to give dimension to my cute (digital) bat on the front of my card.  If I had used foam, I would have gotten dimension, but not movement.  I could have used an action wobble, but didn't have any on hand and those babies are expensive.  You can make hundreds of these spring mechanisms for the cost of a pack of action wobbles.


Here's a peek under the bat... notice that I trimmed the spring to just one level, making this die more useful, because you can adjust the height to your project.  I should also mention that the spring dies are actually intended to make elements on the inside of a card spring up when the card is open. 




Thanks for stopping bye.... please join us for this challenge.  The winners... one selected randomly and one selected by the Design Team will both receive a $10 gift certificate to Scrapy Land.  Until next time... take care.

We are only 1 challenge away from our big 100th...


7 comments:

  1. How fun! I haven't seen this die and I love it. Love your Halloween card too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne. My friend told me about this die, it really intended to make elements on the inside of a card spring up when the card is open. going to update the post to say that.

      Delete
  2. Wow Mary! What a Spooktacular Halloween card! I love that Batty Bat! Thanks for introducing me to that Scissors Spring Mechanism die! I didn't know anything about and now I LOVE it! Also love the background behind the bat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super col Halloween card! I love the background and that bat is wicked, eek!! I think I need that Mechanism die~
    Awesome design!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cool! What a neat die! I just love Halloween cards!!!!! You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun card!! I love the "flying" bat!! So fun!! The colors are beautiful!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Mary, that bat is out of control. Fab background. Beautifully created,
    Hugs
    Berni
    chasingthedream.

    ReplyDelete