Monday, January 1, 2018

Inky Paws Challenge 62 - Card 2

Hello crafty friends,

I'm submitting this card to Inky Paws Challenge's #62, which ends on 1/5/18...




I used the "Newton's Naptime" stamp set for my card.  Honestly, this card took me time to come together.  I stamped and colored the image several times, but a just wasn't happy with my results.  As I was looking around for pattern paper I saw my pile of fussy cut images and a light-bulb went on.   

I re-stamped my image this time using masks to create a cluster of 3 sleeping kitties.  I colored them using my Zig water brush pens, alternating the inspiration colors on the blankets.  I was going for a one layer card, but at this point I realized that I should have placed the two kitties in front and the one in the back for a more even look to my card.  I basically just didn't like how the one kitty in the front was so much lower than the others... so I decided to cut off the bottom three blankets from the front kitty to reduce the height difference :) and has a last tweak once the image was mounted to a card background and base, I added those three cut off blankets upside down (for a change in I'm not sure what) behind the two kitties.   

I felt really good with my card at this point, even thou once again my colors are darker in tone than the inspiration colors.  Thanks for stopping bye... wish me luck in the challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Cute card. Thanks for linking to the Inky Paws Challenge.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh these nappy kitties look so comfy and absolutely darling! I love how you have them sleeping on various amounts of blankets! Super clever and fun! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Inky Paws Challenge! Happy 2018!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to see creative uses of a stamp set, and you really did a great job here. What a fun and cozy card Mary. Thanks for playing with us at the Inky Paws Challenge this week. I hope you play with us next week too. Hugs, Zsofi

    ReplyDelete