Monday, January 1, 2018

Inky Paws Challenge 62 - Card 1

Hello crafty friends,

I'm submitting this card to Inky Paws Challenge's #62, which ends on 1/5/18...






I used the "A Cozy Day In" stamp set for my card.  I started by creating my card background first.  I used a white and small teal flower pattern paper for my "wall", a wood grain pattern paper for my "floor" and strips of white cards stock for my "base board".  

Next I stamped and colored my images.  I created texture to the chair by drawing lines and making the quilted buttons black.  I stamped several parts of the image multiple times, because I wanted some of them raised for added interest.  The blanket and kitty on it, were cut as one and glued over the original stamped imaged for a slightly dimensional look.  The kitty on top of the chair was cut twice, once for the body and again for the head.  This picture shows the dimension.   



I created the wall portrait by fussy cutting the two kitties and arranging them within a die cut teal square.  I kept them uncolored to mimic a black & white photo.  I created the photo frame my mounting the teal square onto a wood grain (same as the floor) square.   LOL... I even gave my book a title "Life With Cats".  

I'm really happy with my final card and even thou my colors are in the same family as the inspiration colors, they not as light in tone.  Thanks for stopping bye... wish me luck in the challenge.

2 comments:

  1. So cute! especially the picture in the backround.
    Thanks for linking to the Inky Paws Challenge.
    Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you created dimension and built the scene! Thanks for joining us at the Inky Paws Challenge!

    ReplyDelete