Wednesday, September 6, 2017

Scrapy Land Challenge #73

Hello crafty friends,

For Scrapy Land's Challenge #73, I created two Halloween tags.  I love Halloween and all things Fall, so I started playing with my Fall and Halloween stamps and dies last weekend.

Tag 1, started with the Elizabeth Craft Designs Winter Sweater die.  Don't be fooled by the name... this sweater die is not just for Christmas.  The die set comes with the small reindeer and snowflake dies that you can cut and embellish your sweater with, but when it comes to decorating your sweater your options are wide open.


This photo is hiding a secret... I made the sweater into a folded tag...


by placing my the fold of my folded black card stock just under the top cutting edge of the sweater die (the neck cuff), I was able to create a folded shaped tag.  I die cut a white sweater and trimmed off the arms and cuffs for a place to write my greeting.  I die cut another sweater from Halloween pattern paper for the front.  I glued the folded sweater tag to a couple offset tags, added some ribbons and Nuvo drops as a finishing touch.

Tag 2 will make you screen... I used Cheery Lynn's Whimsical Spider dies, die cutting them out of grey felt for added texture.


Once again I created a folded tag.  Placed five of the spiders on the front, and the widest spider on the inside.  The front of the tag I colored with distress oxide inks.  The green eyes on the spiders are Nuvo Drop Apple Green.



Thanks for stopping bye for a look at my Halloween tags.  Please join us for this challenge.  You have until Sept  to submit your projects.  The winners... one selected randomly and one selected by the Design Team will both receive a $10 gift certificate to Scrapy Land.  Until next time... take care.

9 comments:

  1. Mary I am right there with you when it comes to making Halloween cards, tags and decorations! It is always so much fun! I love both of your tags, and that they secretly open, the Halloween sweater is perfect and it wouldn't be Halloween without some spiders!! We must have been on the same wave length when we were creating since I made a Halloween card too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lori, you are the best and I can always count on your to leave a lovely comment. thanks!

      Delete
  2. Your sweater shaped card is awesome! Love the way you shared another way to use the die. The spiders are so awesome! Great creations and so fun for Halloween!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sherrie. LOL, the only kinds of spiders i like, are paper one :)

      Delete
  3. Mary, I do love crafting for Halloween, too, and always get excited to see what others are making! Your tags are adorable, and I love the little trick you've included--so going to have to steal that idea. Thank you for sharing your technique to extend the use of your dies. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, steal away Sara :) thanks for the lovely comment.

      Delete
  4. These are just adorable! I love that you made a Halloween card using the Christmas sweater - so clever. I think I need those spiders! I love the grumpy faced one you used the best, although they all make me smile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne! And yes, you definitely NEED those spiders, LOL.

      Delete