Wednesday, September 14, 2022

TOB - Sept Mid Month Challenge Reminder

 

Hello crafty friends,
Welcome to this month's challenge reminder post.  Have you started working on a card/project?  If yes, GREAT!  If no, WHAT are you waiting for?  We want to see your Halloween creations.   Remember  the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge, runs from the 2nd to the 28th of the month and the theme is always Halloween... ANYTHING related to Halloween!


I have a super cute (I hope you agree) card for you today.  I created a fun text background using some of the sentiments from the Hand Lettered Halloween stamp set by Simon Says Stamps pictured above.  A digital ghost from Polka Doodles, which I printed large enough to take up a good portion of my A2 card.  I thought about putting him on an action wobble, but ended up just popping him up on form tape.

This type of background is one of my go to tricks when I'm feeling uninspired or overwhelmed.  I don't always use text stamps, sometimes it's small image or a mix of small and medium images.  Basically, you are making your own pattern paper background, so you are customizing it to your exact needs.  And don't be afraid to make it bold, because you can always add a layer of vellum over it to defuse the boldness a bit without losing the impact. 

  
Here's this month's mood board for additional inspiration... Hope to see your card/project soon. 



Challenge ends on the 28th, winner will be announced on the 1st on the month before the start on the new challenge.  For a full list of all the rules please visit Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge home page.  unit next time... take care.
               

4 comments:

  1. Fabulously fun card Mary and I got a giggle out of the ghost nose and mustache lol!! Some great tips given too!!
    Diane TOB Co-Owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG what a fabulous card! Beautiful job on the background and that image brought an instant chuckle! Thanks Mary for wonderful Halloween inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Mary! That "ghost gnome" is too cute! I've promised myself no more Halloween supplies this year, but I may have to have some script sentiments. I hadn't thought to use this type of background, but you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mary, I see you are in this DT... my best friend and Sis, Darlene, is my my f/b group I resent you a private invite

    ReplyDelete