Friday, February 12, 2021

DRU - Happy Heart Day

 Hello crafty friends,

Mary back with another Valentine's Day card, but even if you don't celebrate Valentine's Day, you will find tons of use for this big Happy Heart Collage die by Memory Box.  I made it the focus of my A2 card front.  

Note:  the rays didn't completely fit the heart shape, but I made do with what I had on hand.  Looking though the store, I think the Shifter Rays stencil by Tim Holtz I would have worked, because the center of the stencil is smaller than the heart, so as long as I centered the stencil in the middle of the heart on my card front, the rays would align perfectly.  The stencil I used was 12x12 and the center was bigger than the heart, which is why the rays didn't align. 

Not counting the issue of the stenciled rays, this was a super easy card to make.  Die cutting the heart from the front of the card was a no-brainer.  On the inside I used a gnome w/a heart from my stash making sure to align him, so that his heart could be seem through the Happy Heart Collage's opening. 

In order to avoid bleeding through my inside card panel, I stamped my gnome on a separate piece of paper (mixed media) and fussy cut him out.  Lawn Fawn has a ton of cute critters stamp/dies that would be perfect for the inside of this card.

Thanks for stopping by.  To visit my personal blog just clink on my name Mary Moisan

Until next time... Take care. 


Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


click below for:

No comments:

Post a Comment