Friday, January 15, 2021

DRU - More HAPPY New Year Cards

 Hello crafty friends,

Since we're still in January and I feel it's totally exactable to wish people "HAPPY NEW YEAR" throughout the month of January, I'm back with two more "HAPPY NEW YEAR" cards today. 


For the above card I used Grand Hour Glass die by Poppystamps and the Roman Clock by Frantic Stamper.  The Roman Clock is not currently available, but the IO Clock Face die is.  

I started by die cutting the clock and using it as a stencil over my card front.  Next, I die cut the body of the hour glass to create my shaker window.  I backed the window with acetate and added tiny gun metal and black star sequins.  I also added a hand written "HAPPY NEW YEAR" message inside the hour glass shaker.  Once my shaker card front was attached to my card, I glue sections of the inked clock to the card, overlapping the hour glass in some places.



I stayed with hour glass theme, this time using the Small Hour Glass by Poppystamps and the Happy Happy Happy by Frantic Stamper. 

I created five small hour glass shakers and top the card with the Happy Happy Happy sentiment.  


On the inside of both cards I used the Happy New Year die from Merry Christmas set by Impression Obsession.  I also created a stencil from the Grand Hour Glass to ink both cards.


Here's a side by side of the Grand Hour Glass and the Small Hour Glass dies.
 

Thanks for stopping by.  If you like to visit my personal blog just clink on my name Mary Moisan. Until next time... Take care. 


Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


click below for:

No comments:

Post a Comment