Friday, November 20, 2020

DRU - Pine Forest

  Hello crafty friends,  

Mary back with three cards showcasing the Aspen & Pine Forest die by Impression Obsession and a couple of other dies.   

Starting with this first card, on which I used the die to create a shaker element.  


I die cut the panel from 110lb white card stock which I covered with score tape first, so that I would be able to attached it to it blue background pattern paper easily, which I did.  I also die cut the top part of the panel (trees) from green card stock and trimmed away the non birch trees.  This die cut also was backed with score tape, so it was super easy to cover the white birch trees w/the greens ones adding interest to my background. Next I added two layers of foam tape around the frame of the die









I added my "snow" mixture and die cut the "frame" to top my shaker from silver glitter paper... tip:  to save glitter paper I fuzzy cut the center of the glitter paper since I didn't need it when die cutting the die this time.  I only needed the border/frame.  I fuzzy cut anything that wasn't the frame. 

.


On card 2 I used the same technic trees, only this time I left the birch trees white and covered the "pine" trees with a second layer of green card stock.  I backed the Cute Rudolph by Frantic Stamper with white card stock. 


For card 3, I wanted to see if I could make the Aspen & Pine Forest die work on a slim card. 


I started by die cutting the panel twice from green card stock.  Using my card panel for size reference I looked for a place I could join the two die cuts without it looking weird and trimmed the excess off.  I ended up getting rid of the bottom parts of the die realizing I should have used white card stock (snow).

I backed the die cuts with blue pattern paper and using a white gel pen painted some of the trees white.  I inked the bottom of the "ground" with white distress ink.  The "Winter Cheer" is from a Penny Black die set that unfortunately is not currently available, but the Joyful Winter set is.  The cute house and sleigh is an unmounted stamp from Purple Onion Designs by Stacey Yacula.  




Don't forget to come join in the fun at the  Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


click below for:

                                                            Thanks for stopping by! 


No comments:

Post a Comment