Thursday, April 5, 2018

Happy Birthday To You

Hello craft friends,

Do you struggle making birthday cards for the men in your lives?  I do.  My husband isn't into home repairs (he does them, but it's not his thing), he's not into hunting (thankfully) or fishing.  He's into sports (Chicago teams), but I'm not into sports at ALL, so I never venture into that arena (get it? LOL).  Therefore, I struggle coming up with ideas for his cards... and I will share a secret with just you... there have been years when he didn't get a card from me (YES, it's true).   But not this year... I'm ready with a good card for him this year... now I just have to put it somewhere I will remember come August.


Yes, my hubby likes cards (poker, blackjack, etc.), so when I recently found this poker chip die I knew I needed to get it and pair it w/my old and still unused Tim Holtz poker card embossing folders... and in true Tim Holtz fashion, I distressed my three playing cards by inking the embossing folders before embossing the card stock.  I added a Lawn Fawn "happy birthday border" die cut along the top arch of my wood pattern paper element.

Thanks for stopping bye.  Until next time... take care.

I'm entering the following challenges:
Simon Says Wednesday Challenge - Happy Birthday with runs 4/4 to 4/11 8am
Simon Says Monday Challenge - A Trio of Something, with runs 4/2 to 4/9 8am.


2 comments:

  1. Fabulous card Mary :-) I am sure your hubby will love this! the whole card game theme is perfect!! :-)

    thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Luv
    Lols x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing card and a wonderful interpretation of our challenge theme! Thank you so much for sharing and playing along over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete