Friday, July 3, 2015

Happy 4th of July

Hello crafty friends,

I hope your July 4th weekend is FUN packed.  We started ours by attending a Hot Air Balloon Festival a few towns over.   Tomorrow we'll be celebrating the 4th with my In-Laws.


Normally I don't do any crafting during the week, because by the time I get home from work and eat dinner, I'm usually mentally done.   But this week, work was lite and I was able to leave early a couple of days.  I put the extra time at home to good use, no I didn't do any cleaning, I craft, of course!

I started a Art Journal page celebrating American's birthday.  Here's the finished page displayed with other patriotic items, like the ceramic flag plate I made last month:


Here's a few other views of the page



I used the following Die-Version dies:
the Whispers - Independence Bell
the Whispers - Statue Of Liberty
the Whispers - Patriotic Banner
the Sole Sentiments - Happy Birthday, a top favorite of mine!
the Font - Magical for the USA letters

I also used a die cut of the Whispers - Bricks Background die to create a stencil, which I used to apply white embossing paste.

The black text comes from an older stamp set called Americana Silhouettes by Tim Holtz.

The flag was a free clip art I found on the internet.  I sized it to take up most of a 8.5x11 sheet of cards stock and printed it. I fussy cut it and glued it to my page using gel medium




Thanks for stopping bye to see how my page turned out. Have a safe and fun holiday weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Mary this is an Awesome art journal page! I love how you used all the Patriotic dies and the mixed media together. It turned out great! Happy 4th of July to you and yours!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori! I truly appreciate you taking the time to comment on my blog. You are the best!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete