Friday, April 2, 2021

TOB - April Challenge

 Hello crafty friends,

Welcome to a new month's challenge here at the Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge, which runs from the 2nd to the 28th of the month and the theme is always Halloween... ANYTHING related to Halloween!  

I have two cards for you today...

The stamps I used are older MFT ones (Which way is the candy, Spooky Sentiments) that are probably both retired by now (sorry), but they are still some of my favorites.  I create both a standard A2 and 4"x8" slim card.  I used this month's mood board color of neon green by way of Hero Arts' Neon Ombre Chartreuse to Blue ink pad for all my green background stamping.  The A2 card has a vellum panel over the stamped background to tone down the stamped background.  

On the slim card I created a flat shaker window.  Basically I took a piece of acetate and folded it... making sure to score it well since the folded side would be the right edge of the card.  Using strong double sided tape, I sealed the two of the three open sides of the folded acetate.  I added sequins and sealed that last open side.  Next I glued the acetate behind the card front panel cut out window.  The flat shaker sequins move a little when shaken, but not on their own.  



Challenge ends on the 28th, winner will be announced on the 1st on the month before the start on the new challenge.  For a full list of all the rules please visit Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge home page.  unit next time... take care.

10 comments:

  1. Both cards are fabulous! What a creative way to make a shaker, I LOVE shaker cards and yours is fantastic!! Adorably cute cute stamp set you have used too, wonderfully designed! Isn't it fun to get those Halloween stamps out and use them? Have Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow these are both just awesome! LOVE that shaker slimline ... very clever! What fun Halloween stamps to create with! Great job! Wishing you & yours a Happy Easter weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sentiment ~ You are a wicked good friend! That little Witch is so adorable!! She is just too cute to be a wicked witch!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, she's too cute to be truly wicked :)

      Delete
  4. You have used one of my favorite MFT Sets of all time! I love that slimline shaker design with the selected cut out! That's such a great idea and I may have to give that one a try! So cute! Take care!
    Rachelle : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Two of my favorites also. Thanks for the sweet comments.

      Delete
  5. Not one, but two absolutely fabulous cards! Creatively designed with super cute stamps. I especially love the sentiments in this set. It's not always easy to find good Halloween sentiments. Both cards are amazing, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always I'm the lookout for sentiment stamps that are more than just text. This is one of my favorite set. Thanks for the sweet comment Leslie.

      Delete