Wednesday, December 4, 2019

Scrapy Land - Challenge 127

Hello crafty friends,

Can you believe it's December... I'm not ready for the Holidays, but I am ready for the start of a new challenge.  The start of a new challenge is always fun. 




The card i created for this challenge is full of shine, but it's so hard to capture it in pictures.


I inked blended the background with several different brands/shades of red ink.  I used a circle die cut initially to masks were the angels would be, to keep those areas lighter in order to create halos or glows behind them.  Tip:  don't keep the mask in place during all of your blending in order to get a soft undefined area instead of a bold masked shape.

Once inked, I sprayed Glimmer Mist onto my inked panel and attached the panel onto my card base (4in x 8in). The top and bottom angels were taped flat, the middle angel i pop up with foam tape.

The angels are from Memory Box and they are sold separately.  Gilded Angel Background and Gilded Angel dies.  For my card, I die cut the background from silver glitter card stock and the lacy overlay die from velum for a soft look, but i found it too subtle, so I think white would have been a better choice.



Thanks for stopping bye.... I hope you'll join us for this challenge.  One winner... selected randomly will receive a $15 gift code to Scrapy Land.  Top three and honorable mentions will be selected by the Designers.  Until next time... take care.


5 comments:

  1. Wonderful holiday card Mary. Love the red background for these angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those darling angels! I can see the beautiful sparkles in the close up picture! Perfect for the holidays!

    ReplyDelete