Sunday, June 4, 2017

Birthday Bus Rocks

Hello crafty friends,

I did a lot of lunch time/break coloring using my Zig Brush Pens and the OH SO CUTE Birthday Bus stamp from Avery Elle.  I love this stamp set and have so many ideas for it. Here are three of those ideas:

Card 1:  I'm calling the Party Caravan.  I started w/a per-made 5x6.5 white card.   Using watercolor paper and the ink smooching technique (if you haven't tried this technique, go see this video by Laura Bassen's... I love her videos).  Once my ink smooches were dry, I used the ink spot (for lack of a better name) die from this die set by Tim Holtz to die cut five bases for my party letters, which were die cut using a die font that I unfortunately can't identify, because I can't find it's packaging (sorry).

Once I had all my elements ready, I started assembling the card.  I started by adding the letter ink spots, putting some on dimensional tape and some directly on the card front.  Next I placed the center bus, followed by the side buses.  I added the stamp sets birthday theme extras (gifts, cake and ballons) to the tops of the buses and as a finishing touch added some enamel drops.    Here's a close up of card 1:


Card 2:  I'm calling Big City Birthday.  I started w/a per-made square 5.5" white card.  I inked the top with Distress ink to create my sky and fussy cut the top of a 6x6 sheet of pattern paper from the Pink Paislee Take Me Away pad to create a clean line of roof tops.  This got attached directly to my card front.  Next I die cut some grass using this Frantic Stamper grass die set.   I attached my grass strips and inserted my birthday bus.  As a finishing touch I added a happy birthday banner using the banner for the Avery Elle Band Camp stamp set.  



Card 3:  I'm calling Lets Party.   Once again, I started w/a per-made square 5.5" white card, which I covered with a blue w/tiny white stars pattern paper.   Next I die cut a speech bubble and using the Paper Trey Ink Party Trio die, which I due cut twice...  once from the speech bubble element and once from blue pattern paper, in order to inlay the 3 blue party die cuts into the speech bubble element.  I attached this element directly to my card front.  Next I added my Birthday Bus and three blue star balloons from the Avery Elle Ellie stamp set.  As a finishing touch, i added some enamel dots, gloss accents to the star balloons and stamp stars onto the speech bubble.


Wow, this was a long post.  Thanks for staying w/me to the end.  Unit next time... take care.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful cards Mary! The scene you've created are so cute.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete