Saturday, October 1, 2016

Halloween Card 1 - Haunting Cat

Welcome crafty friends!

I have ignored my blog for months, so I gave myself a project that was sure to motivate me.   Today is Oct 1st and it's the prefect day to start my Halloween Series.  My goal is to create and post a new Halloween or Fall themed card every other day during this month.  If I'm counting right, that will be about 15 cards... right? So lets get started!

Card 1 features the Happy Haunting Cat from Rubbernecker that I picked up at the August 2016 Scrapbook Expo.




I started w/a pattern paper mat that was an 1/8th of inch smaller than my A2 size top folding card. Next I die cut two tags from an off white tiny text halloween print pattern paper, I layered them and stamped my spooky cat on top.  I added a few sequences and inked the edges of my card w/orange distress ink.


To make this series more fun... how about a GIVEAWAY?  At the end of the series, I will randomly pick one lucky person to win, so make sure you comment on EVERT post in order to be eligible.

I'm not sure what you will win yet... I'll have to look thur my stash for something good :)  
I'll be back on Monday w/a new project.  Bye!


6 comments:

  1. Adorable card Mary! I love that black cat stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that spooky cat stamp! I am heading to the Sacramento Expo on Friday... yay! Just the second one for me. I went two years ago and had a ball! Had never been interested before because I thought it was all scrapbook stuff! Didn't realize they had so much in the way of stamps, dies, embossing folders, etc!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think in the early years (I have been going to them for over 20 years) it was definitely more geared towards scrapbookers. I thinks it's more geared towards stampers now, but maybe it's just me who's more geared towards stamping/card making now. I haven't scrapbooked in years.

      Delete
  3. I love the classic Halloween colors of this and how the image continues across both tags.

    ReplyDelete