Saturday, June 28, 2014

How Do You Feel About Yellow?

I'm not a big fan of yellow, but lately I have been reaching for it a lot.   Case in point, this card that I featured on the Die-Versions blog a few days ago.  I went with a mostly white background, which I hardly ever do, because I just don't seem to be able to keep whites white AND I used yellow as pretty much my only color... what's up with that?  

Maybe stepping outside my comfort zoom was a good thing, because I have to admit that I LOVE this card.  It's so girly :)

The card was very easy to create.  I started by stamping my bride (uptown girl BRIGGITTE the bride) directly onto my card base.  I gave her dress a pale blue color wash and her hair and flowers a yellow color wash.  I also stamped the "once in a while" Stampabilities stamp sentiment directly on my card base.

Next, I die cut the Diva Crown - Whisper die from gold card stock and arranged it on the card base so that is framed the sentiment.  I added some pearls, small white flower and three bigger white flowers that I first color washed w/yellow distressed ink (same ink I used on the stamped hair and flowers).  My final step was adding Stickles to all the yellow color washed items.

Thanks for stopping bye. 

No comments:

Post a Comment