Sunday, May 4, 2014

You are NEVER to old to play with dolls

Hello Crafty Friends,

As my post title says... you are NEVER to old to play with dolls.  Several weeks back I saw a video featuring the Prima Mixed Media Doll Stamp and Die combos and I fell in LOVE.  I looked online, but found them sold out.   I put myself on a waiting list at Simon Say Stamps and a couple of weeks ago I got my doll.  I purchased the Halie doll, because of dress.


Yesterday, I finally had the time and energy (it's been a bad week full of sinus headaches) to sit and play with my new doll stamp and die set.  I created two layouts (more on those later) and four dolls.   Here are my babies:


Starting from left to right...

Halie 1 has a pattern paper dress and I gave her "tights", but coloring her legs w/a green copic that matched the pattern paper.

Halie 2 has a pattern paper dress, but what you can't see on this picture is that I separated the bottom part of the dress and inserted a couple of foam squares for dimensional layers.  I also colored the bottom part w/a gray copic that matched the pattern paper.

Halie 3 has the same pattern paper dress as Halie 1, but I cut off the flares of the dress die cut to get a different shaped dress.  I colored the bottom part of the dress w/a green copic that matched the pattern paper and added a large (for her) bow stamp to the front of the dress.  I made a green colored t-shirt, by tracing her upper body onto a white piece of paper, which I hand cut and colored w/the same green copic. Halie 3 also got a new hair do... I used the bangs die cut as intended and made my own pixie cut back hair piece.

Halie 4 has a pattern paper dress and white crop pants I made by tracing her legs onto a white piece of paper.

I LOVE how all four of my Halies turned out.  They each have their own "look".  And I love how super easy it was to make extra stuff for them, like the hair, the t-shirt and crop pants.   Here's another look at them:



Until next time...












7 comments:

  1. Adorable! I love how you mixed up their looks. I have several of the Julie Nutting dolls that you have to cut out and one that is a set with die and, I must say, I wish she would make a die for all of her girls; it just makes it so much more fun to not have to do all that cutting. These are really cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Vivian (and welcome). I totally agree about the hand cutting. I figured I would get one of the dies set, but now I kind of want them all... or most of them :) Julie Nutting mentioned on a video that she didn't make the dolls for scrapbooking of card making, she made them for Mixed Media, but has gotten a huge positive response from that type of user. Money talks, so I bet she will come out w/more dies.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun! Love them, Mary! You've done a beautiful job of paper piecing! Hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are just as cute as can be. Now I want one :-). Love all the paper pieced dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your dolls are wonderful! Love the 2nd and 4th ones dresses the most. What a cool idea on #3! Thanks for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I LOVED your blog and got tons of ideas for scrap lifting :) I'm going to play w/my dolls again this weekend, because I have some ideas I'm dying to try. Thanks for stopping by and for the nice comments.

      Delete