Sunday, July 25, 2021

Craft Roulette #71 Card

Hello craft friends,

Here's my submission to Craft Roulette ChallengeEpisode #71 (my 9th in a row):


Having my stamps organized by theme made it super easy to take the "food & drink" bin to my desk and look the "tasty treat" I wanted to feature on my card.   I pushed aside all the Hot Chocolate related stamps (there are lots of them), because I wanted something summery.  When I reached the spirits stamps, I pull and played with a few until I settled on this one, which is part of a sheet of drink glass stamps from Rubbernecker stamps that I got many many many years ago at a stamp show. I couldn't find the whole sheet on their site, but here's a link to the Margarita Glass I used.

I used Distress inks in shades of yellow, green and orange, plus a coating of Wink of Stella for shimmer on the orange slices and Stickles on the "salty rim" of the Margarita glass. .

I started by going though my stash of stamped and colored images, because I knew I had this glass stamped and colored from a card I didn't finish last summer.  Sure enough I found the image and the circle frame element, so I decided to use it.  Using squeezed lemonade and a little mustard seed I inked the inside of the circle and stenciled the outside with a snow stencil for my "polka dots".   I stamped and inked (carved pumpkin) the orange slices and created the Happy Birthday banner with a stamp from Heffy Doddle.  I attached the stitched die cut card front panel to a 4"x8" slim white card base.

Thanks for stopping bye.  Until next time, take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment