Monday, April 27, 2015

Tiddly Inks Design Team Submission

Hello crafty friends,

I'm so excited to show you the card I made for the April 2015 Tiddly Inks Design Team call.


I hope I make the team, because I love working with digital images probably more that physical stamped images.  For me the ability to print a digital stamp in whatever size I want/need is a very good things to quote Martha Stewart.  

I own several Tiddly Inks digital and physical stamped images, but for this design team call I wanted something a little different.  I tend to buy girl images, but I wanted to work with a boy images, so I went shopping and fell in love with the Mad About You - Madhatter image.

Using Adobe Photoshop Elements 7, I printed my Madhatter in several different sizes varying from 3" to 5 1/4".  This is what I LOVE about digital images friends.  I wanted him to have a big presence on my card, so I went with the largest image.

At this point, well honestly I knew the direction of my card when I went shopping. I had this idea of Yankee Doodle Dandy, so I tweaked my digital image to fit my theme. I gave him stripped pants and a stripped hat.

I used Copic markers to color him Red, White and Blue. I'm not an expert in Copic coloring and I struggle with whites. For this image I didn't apply color to the white areas. They are just the raw card stock white.

As a finishing touch, I covered his hat and jacket with clear Wink of Stella (so glad my photo captured some of the shine) and gave him a flag to hold.

I added dimensional tape behind him and set him aside to work on my card base. I cut out the zig zag (chevron) red, white and blue pattern paper with the largest of the Dotted Elements Die from Avery Elle. The pattern paper is from the Liby Bee Design 6x6 Destination pad. The other pieces of pattern paper were from my scraps pile. The little flag, fireworks and Happy 4th of July are all stamps from the Stampendous Perfectly Clear - Patriotic Pair set.

Once my card base was ready, attached my patriotic Madhatter digital image and added a few silver sequins.  I absolutely LOVE how the Mad About You - Madhatter turned out and I hope you do to.   Here's a close up...

Thank you for stopping bye my blog. Wish me luck in the design team call.  Until next time, take care.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. Love your patriotic bloke. A striking card. Hugz

    ReplyDelete