Sunday, August 31, 2014

Die Cuttting & Baking

Yes,

I did some baking this weekend.  I made some cookies and a large pan of brownie cake for my son Peter's 14th bday party on Saturday.   And guess what, when it came time to decorate the brownie cake, I went into my craft room and pulled out one of my favorite birthday die.  The Solo Sentiments - Happy Birthday die.

Before I show you how I added die cuts to the brownie cake, let me back up and give you a little back story.  While in the baking section, looking for candles and inspiration that were "boy like" and "teenage like", I found sugar sheets like this one in a couple of colors.   I was excited and right away I was thinking of my favorite big bold birthday die, so I picked up the gold one and walked out of the store a happy Mom :)


I cut the sugar sheet in half, so I was working w/two 6"x8.5" pieces, which gave me 4 Happy Birthday die cuts.
I instructions said to remove the sugar paper from the plastic backing, but I ended up not doing this.  I kept the sugar sheet on it's plastic backing when I cut the sheet in half and when I made my die cuts.  The plastic backing did not die cut.
Noticed how the sugar paper die cut stayed within the die. Trust me it wasn't stuck.  It was super easy to lifted a corner and pulled the die cut out.

I was able to die cut four, which I placed (at Pete's request) on each corner.














LOVE how it turned out.  I'm so going to do this again.  I'm picturing a two maybe three layer cake with white frosting and these same die cuts in different colors all the way around the cake :)

Now, it's out of the kitchen and back into my craft room to scrapbook some of the bday party photos! Until next time... take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment