Saturday, October 30, 2021

Craft Roulette #85 Card

Hello crafty friends,

Here's my submission to Craft Roulette ChallengeEpisode #85 (24th in a row):



When the wheel landed on the shopping parameter I knew I wanted to use one of the store stamps by Stacey Yacula.  The Book Store was at the top of the list, because of my love for books and reading, even though these days I'm 99.9% audiobooks, because they put less stain on my eyes.  

I stamped and colored my image, using my allotted three colors (green, gold yellow, red).  I used lite grey on the glass windows.  Fussy cut the image and added double side foam tape.  Next I google and found a free line drawing book background, which I printed and cut to 6.50"x4.50".  I used a black marker on the edge of this panel, so that it would stand out against the white card front.  Forget to mention, that I also added a small text box to the book background in Elements to read as a "shopping list" and I reduced the opacity of both the background and the text to 80%, so that the black outlines of the image would be subtle.   The "paper strips" parameter are represented by the little flags or "bookmarks" I inserted into the printed background before adhering it to the card front.  


Thanks for stopping bye.  Until next time, take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment