Saturday, July 10, 2021

Craft Roulette #69 Card

Hello craft friends,

Here's my submission to Craft Roulette Challengeepisode #69 (my 7th in a row):


My cats make me HAPPY and boxes with crumple paper makes them HAPPY, so I created a card with a cat in a box full of crumple tissue paper.

I started by stenciling a brick pattern on my card front using MFT's Small Brick Wall Stencil and Distress ink. Next I made a "wood" floor and attached it to the bottom of the 4.25" squared card. I ended up having to pulled the "floor" up a bit later to slide the "do more of what makes you happy" sentiment from darkroom door, which I also attached over the top side of the front card. Now that my background was done, I started working on my box and cat elements. The box is from the Mama Elephant All Prettied Up die set. I die cut it from brown card stock and inked the edges a bit. I used vellum for the tissue paper, which I crumple up before gluing/taping it down. I tend to collect cat stamps and dies… I reached for this kitty (Hero Arts Kit Tea), because of his positioning. I stamped him and fussy cut him, since I only needed part of the stamped image. I attached him and his box to the card on foam for added dimension and interest.

Thanks for stopping bye.  Until next time, take care. 

No comments:

Post a Comment