Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Scrapy Land - Challenge 108

Welcome to Scrapy Land Challenge 108, craft friends...


Here's the card I made for this challenge using the Creative Expressions - Paper Cuts Collection - Celebrate Edger.   Oops, looks like it's currently out of stock, but here are other dies by Creative Expressions.


This die would look great as intended on the right side of a sideways folding card, but 
I wanted it at the top of my top folding card and here's how I did it. 


I took a blank 5.5" square card and cut it in half at the fold line.  I glued pattern paper 
onto what would be my top/front side and die cut the celebrate.  


Next I created a fold in my other card section (the bottom or inside).  I took into
 consideration how far down the card the die cut design was and the overall finish card size.  


I glue pattern paper to the top of the short fold.  This pattern paper will be seen through
the die cut design once the top section get glue to the short fold. 



Here's a look at the inside.


I covered the inside with another die cut section in order to hide the seam... but, I should
have made this cover piece a little taller, because you can still see the seams through the stars. 



The overall card fits into the 5x5" square envelope. 



Thanks for stopping bye.... I hope you'll join us for this challenge.  The winners... one selected randomly and one selected by the Design Team will both receive a $10 gift certificate to Scrapy Land.  Until next time... take care. 
  

8 comments:

  1. It's so fun and original ! I love that ! Have a beautiful day. Tiphanie xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Mary! I love that die and put it in my cart but didn't finish my order and when I went back it was sold out already! The colors on your card with that die look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lori :) The background colors and text are all from pattern paper. It's an 8x8 pad from Hobby Lobby from Momenta.

      Delete
  3. Fabulous card and design! Love the papers you chose too. Thanks for showing how you created it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you used the sentiment die on top. Background colors are amazing. There are a lot of details on this beauty. So pretty.
    Hugs
    Berni
    chasingthedream.

    ReplyDelete