Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Cosmic Newton

Hello crafty friends,

I have been in a funk, with no interest in crafting (I know... shocking) for a few weeks now.  So after packing up all my Christmas stamps and other crafty stuff, I pulled a few of my favorite stamp sets and placed them on my desk hoping they would bring my creativity out.  

on Sunday, I sat down and started working on a couple of watercolor backgound panels and later added Cosmic Newton (from SSS) to one of the panels.  The two astronaut Newtons are popped up on Action Wobbles.


I used my Prima Metallic Watercolor set for all the coloring.  Since I wanted my background dark and pigmented, I didn't dilute the watercolors with water too much.  I also went with an ombre kind of affect to mimic the trip into outer space.  The cats are not as shimmery, because I diluted the watercolors with lots water. 


It's hard to capture the shimmer in a photo.

Thanks for stopping bye to check out my Cosmic Newtons.  Wish me luck, because I'm entering this card in the current Simon Says Wednesday Interactive Card theme Challenge.

5 comments:

  1. The background is beautiful Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For no creativity you sure knocked this one out of the park! This so adorable. I love it so much. I do the same thing, I lay things out to look at that might spark creativity,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so sweet. thanks for the lovely comments Cathy.

      Delete
  3. This is so cool!!!! Love your design!!! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your so sweet. thanks for the lovely comments Karin :)

      Delete