Tuesday, October 24, 2017

2017 CAT LOVERS HOP - Card 1

Hello crafty friends,

As you know I'm playing along with other fun cat loving people at ...


and here's the first card I will be entering/submitting:


Yes, it's a Halloween card, but you know how much I love Halloween and you know how much I love cats... and it this October, just one week away from Halloween (four away from my bday, in case you wanted to know). 

I started this card by printing my digital cat stamp from Tiddly Inks (Pumkin Juice) onto water color card stock and coloring it with my Zig Brush Pens and my Wink of Stella.  I fussy cut my colored image and set it aside while I worked on my card's background panel. 

One square piece of card stock inked with Distressed Inks (purples and black).  For the moon, I used watered down black distressed ink and the white patches were made with white matte gelso.  I added some black glitter glue around the cards edge for a grungy look. 

Thanks for stopping by... until next time, meowie halloween!


16 comments:

  1. This is such a cute kitty! Perfect for Halloween!
    Take Care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous and fun card!! Love that precious kitty.
    rebyah1 @ gmail dot com USA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a cutie! I have that set. Gotta get coloring! Love your big moon and spooky sky with her. xxD dlmundinger(at)yahoo(dot)com USA

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous Halloween scene you created.
    slrdowney at hotmail dot com USA

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is AMAZING....I love how you did the kitty image and that moon looks so "real."
    GOOD job on this one!

    Beverly
    theladystamper2000atyahoodotcom USA

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cool moon and sky for your cute kitty to fly in!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Eeek! That is such a cute, squishy looking little kitty and love how you made your background with the enormous glowing moon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic - love your colouring. I hope you will come play in my Cats only Challenge.
    Have a great Birthday x
    Lovely to meet you at the Hop.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great idea to print the digi on watercolor paper! I struggle with digi's & maybe this is the breakthrough I need! Fabulous card ~ so cute!
    Christi
    Stampin Diva {at} yahoo {dot} com
    USA

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet Halloween kitty card! Cute image and purrfect fussy-cutting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the cute image and the moon is cool on the dark background! Great Halloween card! thealteredpaper@gmail USA

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome Halloween card, Mary! Love that kitty!
    deniseb777ATgmailDOTcom
    US

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a cute Halloween kitty - gorgeous card! xxx
    smith dot craftychris at gmail dot com uk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cute Halloween card, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Printing the digi out on watercolor paper is brilliant! Such a fun image. I LOVE that big moon!!!


    Thanks so much for joining in the #CatLoversHop2017!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete