Thursday, January 19, 2017

Flowers

Hello crafty friends,

I like big bold flowers, I can not lie.  I used the big bold and beautiful Mando Magnolia from Essentials by Ellen for all three of my cards.


I love red and purple, so I colored (somewhat poorly) my flowers with said colors using my zig clear brush pens.  I also love sparkle, so I covered all the colored flowers with my Spectrum Noir Clear Sparkle pen.   I started all three cards by stamping, coloring and die cutting all the flowers.  You can't tell by these pictures, but all the flowers have dimension, because the matching die set for this stamp has each section/layer of the flower as a stand alone die, so you can die cut all three sections/layers and pop them up with foam tape.

Here's a look at each card:
On this card I started by stamping the flower all over the card front panel, which i first die cut with a stitched die. Next I die cut the black glitter Stitched Rectangle Scallop Edge Frame from MFT and arranged my flower inside with some of the petals over the frame and some under.  I finished the card with some stickles on the flowers center, some sequin and really bad enamel dots.  On a side note, my friend and I order several bottles of Ranger Enamel Accents and Ranger Liquid Pearls from ScrapbookPal.com and we got a bad batch for sure.  they are thick and take great effort to squeeze out.  Once out they form a peak that's impossible to get rid of.  I know this is not the normal consistency for this product, because I have others that work fine.   I really think we got an old batch. Unfortunately our complains have gone unanswered :(

The next two cards were made in pretty much the same way.






Thanks for stopping bye today.  I'm going to start working on love cards for Valentines this weekend, so I'll be back next week with more cards.

3 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards Mary! LOVE how you have the flowers coming out through the frame. So life-like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kelly. I love working with flower stamps and dies. they are so versatile.

      Delete
  2. These are so pretty! Love the big flowers!

    ReplyDelete