Monday, June 30, 2014

Some Red, White and Blue Oldies

Not much crafting took place this weekend. But with 4th of July just around the corner, I really wanted to put a little RED, WHITE and BLUE on the blog, so how about a few older cards.

Here I started with two cards (5x6.5 and 4x5.5). Using a black marker I created rays using The Crafter's Workshop 12 x 12 Sunburst Template.  Next I filled the rays with doodles.  I have zero drawing skills, so this was definitely outside my comfort zone. I made the POW die cuts four layers high, so that they would have more impact.  The top layer was cut from glitter red card stock.  The color on the rays is Copic R85 Rose Red. 

Here, I started with my dry embossed background.  I used a piece of white card stock and the Sizzix daisy blast embossing folder, because it looked like fireworks to me.  I swiped a red ink pad directly onto the embossed card stock. 

I created my "lets CELEBRATE july 4th" banner by combining four layers. From top down... white Die-Versions "a hint of lime" die cut letters, blue fussy cut banner for letters to sit on, red Die-Versions "celebrate" die cut, white fussy cut banner around the complete element.  I mounted my Die-Versions "hip hip hooray" die cut on an open back red Quickutz star die cut, which i first backed with white. 


Wishing American a Happy Birthday wasn't my intent when I created this card a few months back for a OWH blog hop, but I think this card would make a great 4th of July card. 

I started by stamping a wood background in red. Next I dry embossed a star designed onto a 3 3/4 x 5 piece of red glitter paper and using a sharp craft knife I fussy cut a few of the stars out. I taped the star embossed red glitter paper directly onto my card and in each of the star openings I inserted a glossy blue star sticker. The final step was to add my happy bday matted die cut ticket.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment