Friday, September 25, 2020

DRU - Rainbow Bats and More

 Hi, Mary here... 

My desk is full of Halloween crafty goodies, so I'm back on the blog today with two more Halloween cards.  I used this cute bat die from Impression Obsession on both of the cards I'm showings today.  

I started my first card by die cutting several bats from white mixed media 184lb (400 series) cardstock. Please note this die includes tiny dies for the inner ears, nose and belly, which I didn't use on my card. 


Initially, I inked the bats solid with their Distress Oxide colors, but ended up adding black at the bottoms of all the bats for added interest.  


When I placed the bats on my card background I felt the bats didn't pop enough, so I went back and die cut more of them, so that each inked bat had a white shadowed bat underneath.  I glue the inked and shadowed bat so just a little bit of the white showed. 
 

Here's a picture of all the bats with their white shadows.


 I love how the finished card turned out.  The black card base, I splashed with white ink.

For the inside, I die cute the bat from foam to create a stamp... notice, that it doesn't matter what color foam you have.  



On my second card, I started by die cutting a Double Stitched Oval from my card front.  

I glued the die cut and inked bat on the front over the oval opening and backed it with another die cut bat on the back side.  On the card's inside, I glued the die cut cat.  


I used Cheery Lynn Designs' Whimsical Halloween Cat die set, which is currently not available in the store, but the Large Mod Cat, the Creepy Cat are good alternatives die set if you want to create a similar card.   


Don't forget to come join in the fun at the Dies R Us Challenge Blog.  There's a new challenge theme offered on the 1st and 15th of each month and one lucky randomly drawn winner will receive a gift voucher prize to the Dies R Us Store.  For your convenience, all the important Dies R Us links are provided below.


click below for:

1 comment:

  1. Love these bats! Really cute cards with them, and I love the idea of adding the white layer underneath... really makes them pop on that dark background!

    ReplyDelete