Saturday, June 16, 2018

Send A Smile 4 Kids - Guest Designer

Hello crafty friends,

I won a spot as a Guest Design (hooray for me) at Send A Smile 4 Kids by winning the  Send a Smile 4 Kids (for Mom from kids) challenge.  The current challenge Anything Goes 4 Kids or Cards for Teens...  I made two cards fits for teens to receive or give.

On my first card,

I used one of Stamping Bella Butterfly Girls ( Baratte).  There are several of them and they are all beautiful, but I purchased this one, because it showed the most wing area.   I stamped and colored her w/Chameleon Markers using similar colors as on my background panel.  I used the Crafters Workshop Sunburst 12x12 stencil for the background and the MFT Happy Birthday Circle Frame die in the center.  First I die cut the Happy Birthday circle in yellow, but it didn't give me the impact i wanted, but I die cut it from black card stock and glued it over the yellow one.   

Side note: It was my first time using Chameleon Markers and honestly, I'm not sure if I like them.  I have to do more testing to give them a proper review, so stay tune for that.

On my second card,


I used the Brutus Monroe Rockstar Pets dog w/headphones stamp in two ways.  As a background stamped in gray ink and as a focal element stamped in black and colored.  I added a distress look to my background panel by splashing some inks onto it before adding the top dog element on foam tape for dimension.

Thanks for stopping... until next time, take care. 

1 comment: