Monday, March 26, 2018

Floral Frenzy

Hello craft friends,

I finished this art journal layout a few days ago and realized it was the a good project for the current Simon Says Wednesday Challenge... Floral Frenzy, which ends in 2 days... LOL


I used the Altenew Adore You stamp set. 


First I prepped my pages with gesso and stamped a background of leaves.  Under the supervision of baby Storm, I water-colored my stamped leaves with several shades of greens.


next I water-colored the background in blue and stamped a ton of flowers, which I water-colored in shades of pink and purple.  I used my ScanNCut to cut the flowers out and glued them to my pages. Some of the flowers are raised w/foam for a little dimensions. 

I have to admit I feel like the layout is not done.  I want to write some misc thoughts around the leaves, but I haven't gotten up the nerve yet.  Thanks for stopping bye... wish me luck in the challenge.     

2 comments:

  1. This is a stunner for our challenge, Mary! The colors are wonderful, I'm swooning! Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lin, thank you for the nice comments about my art journal :)

      Delete