Friday, February 16, 2018

Inspiration Squad - Feb2018 Challenge 193

Hello crafty friends,

Happy Friday... and welcome to CAS-ual Friday's Challenge #193.  This challenge uses this sketch as our inspiration starting point.

What do you think?  I would love to see how you interpret this sketch.  I made these cards for the challenge. 



For card #1 I used the HB2U set from the Whole Shebang stamp set, stamping it in black three times.  next I added a die cut Friend in red to the center of the panel, right over the middle HB2U.  I finished the card by stamping in red a flower background with the Full On Floral stamp.


For card #2, I turned the sketch sideways and used the ballerinas from the Tutu stamp set... stamping thee ballerinas across the card's front panel.  Now for those you are very observant, you will noticed that the ballerina on the left is not in the stamp set.   It's actually the same stamp as on the right.  I used one of those mirror stamps to reverse the direction of the ballerina stamp.  I will be honest and let you know that I tried it several times before getting an OK (not great, not good, just OK) result.  I was also stamping on watercolor paper, so maybe that caused some of my problems.

I finished the panel by water coloring it, adding a sentiment banner and mounting it onto a black card stock that I have previously stamped flowers from the Pretty Posies stamp set.  I finished that card by mounting my finished panel and adding a few drops of white Nuvo.



Thank you for stopping bye today.  I look forward to seeing your heart theme submissions to this month's challenge. 

1 comment:

  1. Fabulous cards Mary, love the designs! I wanted to come by and say hi to a teamie, as I am new to the Scrapy Land DT. I am now your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete