Friday, January 5, 2018

Inspiration Squad - Jan2018 Challenge 190

Hello and HAPPY 2018 crafty friends!

This is my first post as a team member of CAS-ual Friday's Challege Blog Inspiration Squad.  The theme for challenge #190 is "All That Glitters" and since I'm not a fan of lose glitter (too messy for me) I used a clear Wink of Stella instead of water to dilute the watercolors of my Zig watercolor brush pens.


I painted the flowers (Truth Is) on both of these cards by coloring the insides of the flowers w/my Zig brush and using the clear Wink of Stella to dilute and spread the watercolor to the flowers tips...  making the tips lighter.  I had to use purple, because it's just my happy go to color.

On this card... I water-colored the background using the same technique... my Zig brush around the flowers and using the clear Wink of Stella diluted and spread the watercolor out and away from the flowers.  I added two fussy cut fish tail banners... a white glitter card stock one under a vellum stamped "it's your birthday" from the Whole Shebang stamp set.  As a finishing touch I added a few Nuvo drops.  Sadly my pictures don't show how sparkly this card turned out.



On this card... the flowers were painted the same way, but for the background a took the Aquamarine Spectrum Noir Sparkle brush pen and making sure the brush was nice as juicy, I tapped it to created spatters as my background.  I incorporated more teal and glitter onto the card by using a die cut "thanks" from the Smiling die.


Here's a final look at the cards and the Cas-ual Friday supplies I used:



Thank you for stopping bye today. I look forward to seeing your glittery submissions to this month's challenge.   



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful cards Mary!! Congratulations on your new DT position!!

    ReplyDelete