Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Scrapy Land Challenge #79

Hello crafty friends,

and welcome to Scrapy Land Challenge #79.  I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving weekend.

I'm now, in full Christmas mood here.  The house is a mess with all our boxes of decorations.  I promised myself that I would do some much need editing this year, but after 25+ years of collecting stuff, it's hard to decided what doesn't have sentimental value to me.  Are you like this?   I'm the same with cards... sometimes I make and keep them for myself.  I should really start making 2 of each card... one to give away and one to keep. 



I created this tag using a stitched die like this one and then I used the peeking penguins die.  I added a light brush of black watercolor to my penguins and backed their noses w/a tiny piece of orange card stock.  I was going to back the tag w/red and called it done, but instead I ended up using foam tape and seed beads to create a shaker tag.  I finished the tag with some nuvo drops.

Thanks for stopping bye.... please join us for this challenge.  The winners... one selected randomly and one selected by the Design Team will both receive a $10 gift certificate to Scrapy Land.

Until next time... take care.

5 comments:

  1. Wonderful tag Mary!
    Love those little penguins :)
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is too cute!! I love your shaker tag! It's so fun and those penguins are adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable tag Mary! I love the sweet little penguins and the shaker idea is perfect! Super cute my friend~
    I am trying to get things decorated to~I went through a lot of my things last year and purged. It felt SO good and especially this year when I only have 3 totes to pull out, yay!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love that tag! I have looked at that particular die several times trying to decide if I need it or not! You may just have convinced me! It so so adorable and I love that it is a shaker tag!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable tag, so cute !!! Love the little penguins !
    Hugs
    Maryvonne

    ReplyDelete