Wednesday, September 20, 2017

Scrapy Land Challenge #74

Hello crafty friends,

For Scrapy Land's Challenge #74,  I'm continuing my Halloween  2017 Series with this card:


Which was really quick and easy.  I started by sponging a 5x5 piece of card stock with distress oxide ink (orange) and then sponging on some distress ink (black) using a Tim Holtz spider web stencil.  I die cut a fishtail banner, inked it and stamped my caption.  Placed the banner on my card on foam tape for dimension.  Next I die cut those cute spiders (paper spiders are the only kind of spiders I like).  I die cut them from purple card stock first, but they like them on this background, so ended up die cutting them again from black card stock and just stacking them for a little extra dimension.   I hand drew their web string and added a dot of nuvo drop.   I mounted the panel onto a 5.5x5.5 card and using a black glitter marker went around the edge of the panel for extra interest.

Thanks for stopping bye.... please join us for this challenge.  The winners... one selected randomly and one selected by the Design Team will both receive a $10 gift certificate to Scrapy Land.

Until next time... take care.


7 comments:

  1. What a fun Halloween card! I love the spider web background and those spiders!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun Halloween card. Love how you did the background and, as you know, I think those spiders are too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow so fun ! Love this background !!
    Hugs
    Maryvonne

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cool card and amazing background! Love this!
    Have a great day!
    Sherrie K

    ReplyDelete
  5. This totally makes me smile, Mary!! Those spiders are too cute!! The background looks amazing!! Fun and fabulous!! Have a great day!! Big hugs :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mary, I love Halloween, and your card makes me giggle! It is fabulously spooky in a super fun way! I love the webbing in the background and even the spiders are cute (never thought I'd say that!). Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love those cute spiders! Isn't Halloween the most fun time to create cards? Love the colors and the fun stamp and die icons available....

    ReplyDelete