Friday, August 18, 2017

Encouragement Squad - Aug 2017

Hello crafty friends,

Our color inspiration board for this month has soft beachy colors... perfect for the last few summer weeks:



I created an ombre spiral with the navy, blue and tan colors.  I used Distress Inks, starting with my darkest color in the center.


Once my inked background was done, I randomly stamped the smallest of the flowers from the Pretty Posies stamp set using my darkest ink color.  The sentiment is also from the Pretty Posies stamp set. The tiny blue flower is from the Exclamations stamp set.  The Smile comes with two other dies in the Smiling Fri-Dies set.  In order to give dimension to my "Smile" die cut... I die cut it three times from a beige pearl finish card stock and glue them together for impact.  My final touch was adding some baby blue glitter glue onto the flowers centers.



Thank you for stopping bye today.  Please consider submitting a card to this month's challenge.  Until next month... take care.
 

2 comments:

  1. Your card gave me an idea for creating an "eye of the storm" card. Must be all the Hurricane Irma news I've been watching. haha Beautiful creation. I can see how you were inspired by the color pallet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card Mary! I love your degraded blues with the pretty stamped flowers. Cheers, Gwendolyn

    ReplyDelete